Northwest based SaaS mobile app developer are currently hiring for a development manager, having just received an investment for their award winning app. Up until now they have grown organically, but with the injection of the investment they are looking to in-source all the development and are therefore looking for a Development manager to take the team from 6 to 12 people.
The CTO said of the culture “what I love about it here is that most of your energy is spent on productive work where you can have a positive impact, not on politics or problems”
The role is split as below
- - People
- Managing current team of 6 with a view to growing this to 12.
- Code reviews, training and mentoring of development team
- Allocation of resources
- - Processes
- A constant eye on process improvement
- Unblocking & monitoring the funnel to assist agile seamless sprints
- - Product
- Identifying product enhancements and working them into the development plan
- Working on the technology roadmap
40% client facing
- - Integrating the software into their clients
- - Supporting client go live
- - Acting as Solutions designer at the early stages of a client lifecycle
- - Working with external clients IT Department to assist work scheduling
The role requires someone who likes a high level of ownership and has a real attention to detail. This role has the opportunity to implement the best practice processes and have real ownership of the development practices as well as some of the longer term product strategy.
Ideally this person will have worked with external clients previously and therefore be able have the experience of walking them through an integration process, Show empathy and also be able to “push” them along when required.
A unique role given the timing and the journey they are on, this is a great opportunity to have the freedom to implement your own ideas.