Java Developer - Fintech
Java developer required to join a leading London based fintech. Ideal would be a developer with a strong computer science background and experience in the financial services industry. Your work will help scale an industry leading SaaS product and help it meet customer requirements.
Tech in play is the following;
- Back-end:Java, Kotlin, Maven
- Web-based UI:Angular 5 (with TypeScript and SASS), ngrx/store, Highcharts
- Cloud infrastructure:AWS (particularly serverless technologies including Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, CloudFront, S3, SQS, KMS and Batch), Terraform
- GitHub for our public and private code, pull requests for peer reviews
- You are passionate about using your technical knowledge and skills to solve real business problems. Your starting point is always to understand the value that clients will derive from your work, at any level in the stack, and how this will impact the business.
- You are seeking a startup environment, where the business is still evolving, processes may be undefined, and the team is relying on you to deliver. You are keen to push yourself and proactively look for gaps around your areas of strength where you can step in to help move the business forward.
- You are detail-oriented and care about the quality and accuracy of your work. You understand the impact that well-engineered software can have on the rest of the team and the product.
- You love to keep up with the latest technologies or industry trends, and always have something new to talk about. In this environment, your knowledge and creativity can make a meaningful difference.
- You are self-motivated and are willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to help the team work at its best and deliver.
- Java– solid knowledge and active experience, including a broad understanding of the Java foundations, memory model, common frameworks and APIs.
- Computer science– deep understanding of the fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, algorithmic complexity, and concurrency issues.
- Problem-solving– good analytical, logical and methodical approach with attention to detail and ability to communicate the outcome.
- Design– object oriented analysis and design; sound judgement of design trade-offs; ability to test.
Desirable business knowledge
- Finance industry awareness– knowledge of current developments in the sector, especially around derivatives, OTC clearing and regulatory changes.
- Products– experience in capital markets, ideally with exposure to interest rates derivatives.
- Risk– familiarity with common pricing and risk metrics such as NPV, delta and gamma.
- Financial solutions– experience in building financial applications for business users.
- Trade lifecycle – knowledge of the derivatives lifecycle, including execution, clearing, settlements.